Saturday, May 22, 2010

My passion

I have found my niche. My way of "healthy release" as a friend called it:). I can't believe that I never realized how amazing running feels. Granted, I am pretty out of shape, after spending half my life on the couch doing nothing but being depressed and gaining weight. I have started a program that is training me to run, and I feel amazing. I love the rush, the natural high I get when I run, and how good I feel about myself when I'm done. I have never enjoyed exercising, but I love to run.

I have discovered it helps me get away... when I was running last night, everything that had been on my mind, every stress, was gone for a little while. I could just focus on putting one foot in front of the other, and the beat of the music from my ipod. It's my own little world, where I am in control. I decide when I run, when I stop, how fast or slow my pace is. I love the sense of power it gives me... and that when I am running, it's almost like I'm taking my life back, even if it's only for 30 minutes. Maybe that's weird, that I put so much into it, or that I view it that way... but I don't care. I have found my passion, and nobody can ever take that from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment