Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby steps

I have decided to use this blog as a way to work my way through the healing process. A friend gave me a great idea, that I could blog my way through Angela Shelton's Warrior Workbook... and I think it's such an awesome idea! I am so excited about it. I was hesitant at first to use this for healing, but I think any struggles I am going to face are probably struggles that a lot of survivors face, and blogging about it may help someone in the same part of their journey. So starting today, I'll be blogging about my healing process. I don't have the workbook yet, so until I get it next month, I'll be doing the blocks from the Self Healing from Trauma series.

This week I am supposed to make a list of things I do each day that makes me feel good, and do it daily. Honestly, lately I've been in a major rut, and half the time I just don't have the energy to start my day, and I just stay in bed. So today I actually got out of bed, and even before noon! Lol. So that's what I did today that has made me feel good, and my goal is simply to do it again tomorrow. Something I'm starting to see is that baby steps are usually the best idea when starting to heal. So I am trying to simply take baby steps, sometimes I'll take a step a day... sometimes I'm sure I'll only make a step a week. But I figure, as long as I keep moving forward, the pace doesn't really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment